Sunday, September 23, 2012

Toronto


Travelled Toronto from 1 to 4 September! It was a nice city with lots of good food - Japanese, Korean, Chinese etc. We were so happy because we dont have such food back in Saint John :< Spent most of our time eating there! We have been stuck in a town for too long, it was really good to see the city again. We explored mainly the uptown area. High rise buildings and a huge mall, felt like I was in Orchard. Shopped at F21, H&M and other small shops. We were really deprived of shopping because there is NOTHING to shop in Saint John. Quite happy to be able to shop although it wasn't that cheap! And University of Toronto is HUGEEEEE. Its located in town and like 10x the size of NTU I think.

We had free accommodation thanks to TY. We stayed at her cousin's bf's place (All guys) and they were so nice to us. Had a great time hanging out with them! They brought us out for bubble tea on the first night. Virgin bubble tea in Canada, but I got to say the ones in Singapore taste way better.


Check out David's Tea. They have awesome flavours of tea from fruity, floral to even chocolate and desserts like creme brulee! Interesting names like Love Tea #7, that's one of my fav! We could stay in the shop for like an hour smelling all the different types of tea.They are pretty affordable too! I bought 6 flavours for myself :D 



















Kensington market. One of my favs!





Had a yummy churros! The guy was so friendly he taught me numbers in Spanish and ^5 me!





































Most tasty ramen I have ever eaten. The pork was tender and the soup was just right.





































MY LOVE. Eggs benny with smoked salmon. As tasty as it looks :D



CHICKEN WINGS. The guys cooked for us! Such nice hosts. 




HK dim sum restaurant. Not very cheap but the standard was good.




St Lawrence market. Bought some yummy ice wine here to thank the guys for their hospitality! :)


Wonderland! I'm not a very theme park person as I am still secretly scared of rides that are too thrilling. But I managed to take quite abit of rides here! Achievement unlocked :D































CONQUERED THIS! Highest drop I have experienced in my life thus far.


Distillery District, a place full of many nice cosy cafes.




Lots of paninis




Random hunt for macarons. We went to 3 cafes and this was the most value for money. Love the pistachio, hazelnut and blueberry jam ones! 







Red velvet macaron that was ex so we bought one to share. so precious and it TASTES LIKE HEAVEN.


Ending off with my favourite buy. My virgin pair of TOMS :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment