Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Whale Watching


Went for a day trip to Saint Andrews for whale watching last Saturday! Was pretty excited to see the whales as this was my virgin experience. But was also a little disappointed when it was raining in the morning but luckily it stopped! Made a few new international exchange friends today!

The free soup came in really handy because it got soooo cold when we were in the middle of the ocean. I couldnt stop shivering, and my legs felt like jelly I was better off sitting down spotting whales.

The pretty ship we boarded :)

Mum commented that my face became rounder. Oh well.
With Grace 























With TY
























Spot the whale!






















Two dolphins!























Seal's head

Okay my shots are really bad. I just couldn't capture the right timing because it is pretty unpredictable. And there were many people crowding around trying to snap pictures but I don't really want to squeeze in. These are the best I could take. But it was really awesome to see them in real life. We were on the boat for 4 hours plus! In the beginning we didn't spot any, then it was so foggy and cold, then it began to pour. It was REAL BAD. But after awhile whales started appearing! More and more just kept coming out of the water. OUR MONEY WASN'T WASTED AFTER ALL :D Another part of my life is complete :')

No comments:

Post a Comment