Friday, May 17, 2013

Seoul Day 1: Dongdaemun

Day 1

Arrived at Incheon airport around 3pm and my adventure began as I waited for my bus to head to my hostel. This was something I did not let my parents know, the fact that I would be staying alone. Wanted to really be adventurous for once and be on my own, I felt that Korea was really a safe place to travel around alone but I know my parents would be worried if I told them so yeah, don't tell them better! And I really enjoyed myself and proved that I can travel alone, nothing happened to me! (Y)


Taking a bus alone. 
This was pretty significant because it's the first time I am travelling alone overseas.


Arrived at my hostel around 1.5h later. This is the cosy common area in the hostel!


My clean hostel. I was so lucky because nobody moved in for all the 8 nights I stayed there! I had the whole room to myself! It was really shiok because I could take up any amount of space I needed, bathe as long as I want (I can bathe up to 1 hour) and I can sleep any time I want! 



I really love the area where I stayed, so many cafes, restaurants and Korea BBQ just right outside my hostel. Like really just a stone's throw away. There are always people hanging around this area at night so I feel pretty safe even if I go back late! 

After checking in around 7pm, I decided to visit Dongdaemun since it was pretty near where I was staying. I was ready to walk around and look at the Korean fashion trends and just enjoy Seoul. I remember it was pretty cold that night, but I loved that chilly weather!


My very first meal in Seoul. I was amazed by the amount of side dishes all for myself. The bibimbap (8,000 won) was good but I would love it more if there was meat. I need meat in my food!

So the first day was pretty much chilling around. I felt that Dongdaemun was pretty disappointing because I didn't really see much cheap clothes around. Maybe I didn't explore enough? Only stepped into 3 shopping malls (Doota, Migliore and Hello apM) , I have no idea where the cheap stuff are! :O

No comments:

Post a Comment