Saturday, May 25, 2013

Seoul Day 7: DMZ tour, Cheonggyecheon stream

Thought I wouldn't get a chance to go for DMZ tour since nobody wanted to go with me. So glad I found W! I think going for DMZ tour with him is pretty interesting, especially since both of us watched IRIS not too long ago. We concluded that the most dangerous place is the safest place. To be honest, if NK is to attack SK, they also aim Seoul and not the people at the border. So we are the safest people :D

Breakfast from Paris Baguette just outside the hostel


The SK guards guarding the place


The train station that links SK to NK. I wonder if I will live to see the day it operates.

It was pretty foggy that day but that's supposed to be NK. Best shot I could get because no photography allowed beyond a certain point. I saw the plantations in NK and the flags of NK and SK. Apparently they once competed whose flag was higher but SK gave in.

Propaganda

3rd tunnel. This was pretty challenging because there was a very steep slope as you can see in the picture. SK has discovered several tunnels built by NK over the years.


DMZ and the border

It was a half day tour so we were done by evening! Headed for Korean BBQ just outside the hostel we were staying at. Don't look down on this small portion of meat, it's more than enough to make you full!

Beef (10,000 won)

Pork (8,000 won)

After dinner, we explored our own area and I realized the area around my hostel is really quite awesome! Lots of cheap and yummy food, beauty brands and affordable shopping! We also headed to Cheonggyecheon stream for a walk. It was quite pretty at night with all the lights. There were lots of people chilling by the stream. It was a very long stretch and we walked quite abit. 




Had supper at Kyochon just outside our hostel. This place has really good fried chicken, must try! It's almost everywhere I think you should be able to find it.

Complimentary cereal

Beer (2,500 won)

Fried chicken! (15,000 won) We had half original and half hot flavour. 
Both were good, I loved the skin! I find it amazing how it is NOT oily at all. You just can't stop eating this. 2 of us managed to finish 20+ drumlets/wings!

No comments:

Post a Comment