Saturday, May 25, 2013

Seoul Day 5: N Seoul Tower, Teddy Bear Museum, Ewha Womans University

Started the morning with a trip to N Seoul Tower! Took a cable car up (8,000 won for round trip) instead of hiking because my itinerary was pretty packed (excuses) :/ 

N Seoul Tower which I didn't go up

Locks



Went to the teddy bear museum (8,000 won) at N Seoul Tower. It was a place I really really wanted to go and was looking forward to. It was really fun for me! There are two parts, the first part of the tour shows the history of Korea. The second part was more modern and showcased several tourist attractions in Seoul. 







Cheongwade

Cheonggyecheon stream

NANTA!

Had churros at N Seoul Tower but it tastes so horrible. Dry, not crispy and tasteless.

Had lunch at a place near the cable car station. This pork cutlet was quite shiok!

After visiting N Seoul Tower, I went to Ewha Womans University for shopping! This is my second favourite place for shopping (first place is express bus terminal). Bought a bag, a pair of wedges and several tops and dresses! :D Oh, there is a really cheap retail store here called Baviphat selling comestics and skincare from several brands such as Laneige, Nature Republic, Face shop, Missha, Tony Moly etc. They sell the more popular products at MUCH CHEAPER PRICES. I personally feel that you should check this place out and buy the stuff you can find before heading to Myeongdong. The downside is that there is no tax refund here, so it really depends how much you are buying. There is this stretch in Ewha that is all skin care brands (separate from the apparel stretch) and Baviphat is located in one of the stores there. 

If you are looking for food in Ewha, check out these two places!

The braised chicken here is good! Order the one that is least spicy. Remember to look out for a chicken hugging a chilli! It's just next to Baviphat if I am not wrong.

Credits: Morethangold

Credits: Tumblr

For dessert, you can visit 호밀밭 Homilbat for pat bing su! The shaved ice is very thin and it is unique because they serve the shaved ice and red bean separately.

Credits: Seoultravelapp

Credits: Seoultravelapp

This was the day I shopped the most! My hands were so full from all the shopping bags that I really couldn't go on anymore. It was so heavy too! Headed to Itaewon to meet YT and her bf for dinner! They chose Maple Tree House for Korean BBQ. Omg it was so freaking expensive. My most expensive meal ever in Seoul. We had two servings of the amount of meat in the picture and the bill totalled to 35,000 won per person. :O 



Anyway I had a super weird encounter with a stranger during dinner. I arrived earlier since I couldn't shop anymore. There was this Indonesian lady who sat at the table next to me and was alone. She started talking to me like where I'm from, how long I've been here, where I was staying etc. I think she talked to me for an hour plus. After my friends arrived she still kept talking to me! It was pretty entertaining to talk to her initially but she kept cutting into my conversation with my friends so it's not funny anymore. And she started talking to them also! She said she was lonely and I even introduced my hostel to her. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment