Sunday, May 19, 2013

Seoul Day 3: Sinsadong, Express Bus Terminal, Gwangjang market

After a whole day of sightseeing on the second day, my legs were starting to ache. There is no time to recover because in Korea, you are forever climbing stairs. To transfer between lines or exit from subway stations, you have to climb stairs. You hardly get escalators unless that flight of stairs is extremely steep and high. Oh well, it's a good workout and I don't feel as guilty for eating so much everyday :> And this probably also explains why most Koreans I spotted have pretty toned legs/big calves and quite a few actually wear sports shoes out. 

On the third day, I started the morning with a nice brunch at Sinsadong. Bloom and goute is a flower and cake cafe, the basement is a floral shop while the second level is a cafe. I wished I could sit there all day, but no, I had to start shopping :D


Eggs benedict (15,000 won)

After brunch I went SHOPPING! Okay girls MUST go there! Gangnam Underground Shopping Arcade at Express Bus Terminal Station is a shopping heaven! It's very easy to shop there as the layout is very neat! You have two rows of stores that are never ending and you make a turn at the end and shop on the other side. You and easily spend 3 to 4 hours here! The stuff here is very cheap, I bought most dresses and skirts for 5,000 won & 10,000 won. Apparently there is another huge underground shopping centre at Gangnam Station but I didn't have time to go there. Go try if you have time! Stuff in underground shopping centres are really much cheaper than those in malls!


You can't even see the end! Anyway to get here, take Exit 8 of Express Bus Terminal Station and walk till you see this row of shops. There will already be some shops that are cheap along the way, but make sure you get to this main stretch!

At the end of one lane, there will be several cafes and eateries for people to take a break. I totally needed it! Had sour cream fries at Miss & Mr Potato, it's not bad! 

After shopping, I went to Gwangjang market (Jongno 5-ga Station Exit 8) for dinner! This is a place to go if you want to try some traditional food.

Ddeokbokki & kimbap (3,000 won each)


Kimchi pancake (3,000 won)

Red mango for dessert

No comments:

Post a Comment