Monday, November 19, 2012

DAY 1 MONTREAL!

This trip to Montreal was like a foodie trip, we spent 80% of our time eating, 20% shopping and sight seeing. Omg it was really non-stop eating. Look at the amount of food photos and you will know! It's like after eating at one place, we are heading to another place to eat. The list of must-try food I collated was so long that we had to eat 4 to 5 times a day just to try everything. :O

Day 1:

Reached Montreal in the afternoon and checked in at our hostel straight away. It was my first time staying in a hostel. The hostel was pretty clean and nice, most importantly its cheap! Then we headed to Frite Alors! to try poutine straight away. Virgin experience eating poutine although they have it in Saint John as well. Really loved the taste! Basically its just fries with cheese curds, sauce and ingredients of your choice. They have a wide variety to choose from! We had one with pork fat and grilled onions :D After eating we went straight to downtown for some shopping! The malls were pretty disappointing, I would say Singapore is so much better. Everything was so expensive, I miss my cheap bugis street shopping. The cheaper ones around are like F21, H&M, but not exactly that cheap either.




For dinner, we settled for Korean food at Ga Na Da Ra. Found out about this place online! The restaurant felt homely and it was pretty cheap as well. I like the seafood ramen I had although the amount of ingredients was pathetic and it was just MSG. I like the spicy chicken too, but a pity there was more flour than meat.



Because we had an assignment which was due the day after we return, we bought our laptops along to work on our assignment at night. Can't even fully enjoy the trip :/ But being the lazy me, I keep falling asleep every night before I could do anything productive. Plan failed for me. HAHA. Bought cinnamon rolls for supper in case we get hungry at night.


To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment