Wednesday, November 14, 2012














Summary of my past week:

1. Baked new stuff! Super proud of my bread pudding and oatmeal raisin cookies. The oatmeal raisin cookies were SO GOOD! The recipe rocks! We all agreed it was super good, it was crispy, tasty and not too sweet! Check out the recipe here! Baked bread pudding twice, the first one was more crispy and the second one was more moist. They preferred the moist one. Being the greedy me, I liked both! Rocks when topped with ice cream (Y)

2. Virgin attempt trying pumpkin spice! Tried pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks and pumpkin spice muffin from Tim Hortons. Actually I still don't quite get what is it, I can't quite taste a distinct flavour from it.

3. Went back to Relish Gourmet Burger for a meal last Saturday. But this time we dined with 8 other Singaporeans from NUS and NTU. SO COOL. 12 Singaporeans in a restaurant! One of my friends was here and I was so shocked when he appeared at my doorstep. Honestly I was expecting a deliveryman, but so pleasantly surprised to see my friend from Montreal! So yeah, we had lunch together with his group of friends. Felt pretty good to meet new people even though it was only for a short while because they had to go to other places.

4. Discovered a new Turkish dessert called baklava at city market which is DAMN AWESOME. It's a dessert with chopped nuts and soaked in syrup. Super sweet but you really get hooked on it. Even my friends who are not fans of super sweet stuff enjoyed it too! The best part is the uncle was so kind! He kept feeding us food, he sells bread too with all kinds of sauce to go with. He was so generous, but we were so full because we just had a burger meal. He told us to go there with an empty stomach next time so we can try more. Omg, never seen someone so kind. It makes us feel bad leaving empty handed so we bought baklava from him, quite a good business tactic actually. 

5. Attempted new homecooked dishes such a mui fun, portobello mushroom stroganoff pasta and japanese curry noodles.

6. Lastly, I added many new Starbucks cards to my collection, got some for friends too! I feel so guilty about it because I didn't buy it. I have sinned.

No comments:

Post a Comment