Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Supposed to be in NYC from 1 to 5 November but thanks to Hurricane Sandy plans got cancelled. I guess not being able to travel NYC will be one of my greatest regret for this exchange. I am travelling SO LITTLE that I can't believe it either. Almost 3 months here and I have only been to Toronto and Niagara Falls. And whale watching but it was only a day trip I wouldn't consider it travel. Omg so pathetic. This is so different from what I have imagined. I am glad I got along with my friends much better I thought I would, that my apartment is so awesome, that this is such a safe and pretty place, that I am able to unleash my culinary and baking potential and so on, but just disappointed at how little I have travelled. So jealous of people who have been travelling so much. Exchange should be 80% travelling and 20% studying, but it's not the case for me. I blame it on school, because the cohort is SO SMALL, it's so hard to skip lessons without getting noticed, and the tons of assignments and deadlines which make it impossible to go away. We are too responsible for our own good. If only we could just forget about studies. 3 midterms and 3 assignments due really soon, hello late nights.


My frozen dinner from 2 nights ago. Thai peanut chicken linguine. I like the sauce! This costs about 2.50 cad, I won't mind getting it again. Good for a lazy day when I don't feel like cooking.


Went to city market yesterday again. Decided to go for Korean food. Spicy pork with japchae! Omg I LOVE IT. It's actually the sweet potato vermicelli that I have cooked before. The spicy sauce was so savoury! There is so much to try at the city market! 


Prepared this brunch for myself. (Y)

No comments:

Post a Comment