Wednesday, January 23, 2013

1 day trip to Johor Bahru

Headed to JB with my mum and bro 2 weeks back. Things there are so CHEAP! 1 sgd to 2.5 rm, so worth it please! Spend money like water, I managed to shop quite a bit! :D

Had breakfast at Amoy Food Street Centre before heading to JB. My favourite LOR MEE. It's the best I have ever eaten so far, lots of ingredients and not too sticky!


After shopping around, we had lunch at a Japanese restaurant.


My favourite baby octopus! 

Chicken karaage

Caught a movie Upside Down. The movie was really awesome, I don't really watch movies because they bore me most of the times but this one managed to keep me interested.


It's about 2 worlds, the Up and Down (literally), each with its own centre of gravity. The Up is rich and prosperous while the Down is poor. Going Up is strictly forbidden. A boy from Down world met a girl from Up world and fell in love. They would meet on their mountains and the guy will use a rope to pull the girl towards Down. When they hold on to each other, they form an anti-gravity object that floats. Something happened and they got separated when they were young but you got to watch to find out what happens. I love the graphics of the show, I find it very awesome how they film the up and down together!



So at level 0, that's where the Up and Down can see each other. 
Honestly the first thing I thought was, won't zao keng meh? HAHA. But since there is gravity pulling it down so it won't happen.

She used the tree for support so that she would not float back Up.

I don't know if it has shown in Singapore or will be shown, but I think you should catch it! I really find it quite cool!


Garrett-like popcorn and it was very cheap! Oh we bought premium seats as well for about half the price of the normal seats you get in Singapore. The seats there were so good and comfy! Definitely will go back there to catch movies and shop!

Long lost roti boy, still as good.   

Taiwan dessert store that was recommended by mum's friend. 
Grass jelly with lots of ingredients. Was super super full by then, but still finished a bowl on my own. :8

No comments:

Post a Comment