Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 13: Last day in Toronto, last day of exchange

I told everyone to sleep until 自然醒 and nobody should set alarm the night before. I absolutely regret saying this. I am so so so guilty. I slept very late at like 5am and only woke up at 1pm. The rest woke up much much earlier but I think they didn't dare to wake me up because of what I said the night before. Oh my, they really can wake me up and I won't mind. That's not it. Turns out that the host, I shall call him uncle here, he wanted to fetch us to Niagara Falls to see how it looks like when it's covered with snow. It's only an hour drive away. But we all woke up too late, or rather, I woke up too late (Shoots myself) I would have loved to see Niagara Falls again although I've visited it earlier in August! So wasted :< Anyway, we had some coffee with desserts like cheesecake, shortbread and crumble cake at the uncle's home and he fetched us around his neighborhood to sightsee. So kind of him!! He also cooked a Singaporean dinner for us at night! Haven't had homecooked food since I left Saint John and he whipped up a simple but yummy feast! This made New Year's Eve better even though we are not out to countdown with the crowd. We ended up watching live telecast of the countdown at Times Square in New York, my first time watching it! The uncle also showed us some videos he took a few years ago of pride parade (les and gays parade) and some naked cycling event held in Toronto. It was so hilarious! Canadians are pretty interesting people. Just imagine people walking around or cycling naked LOL.

Anyway, this is the last official night in Canada. I was pretty sad because I really don't want to go home yet. :<



No comments:

Post a Comment