Saturday, January 12, 2013

Attempted to bake some Hong Kong style portuguese egg tarts a few days back. Followed a YouTube video and it came out decently well. So proud of myself :> Look at the flaky crust, I'm glad it turned out fine! My parents love it and I'm happy too. :D I only can do this when I am very free because it takes like 2h+ to bake everything!


Had a foodie trip on Thursday. Visited a total of 3 places just to EAT. So it was eating and eating the whole day, what's new? Can someone ask me out to do something else other than eating? Like cycling, visiting a zoo, shopping or something.

First stop: Table Manners @ Changi City Point.
I always wanted to go to this place after reading some blogs! Personally I was very interested in the lunch menu rather than dinner. For lunch, you can actually mix and match your food and this option is not available for dinner. For example, 2 greens + 1 meat or 1 green + 2 meat. I like to customize my food so I can pick everything I feel like eating. Quite a wide variety to choose from! I had 2 greens which are aglio olio and pumpkin salad with a meat which is salmon with garlic butter sauce, $13.50 before tax. I feel that is quite affordable and the portion was just right. I would want to go back again to try other dishes!


Second stop: Chye Seng Huat Hardware
Heard so much about this place so finally it's my turn to try! They are supposed to be good for coffee but I'm currently abstaining from caffeine so I got hot chocolate ($6.50) instead. Omg it's so freaking expensive but I still got it anyway because there wasn't much alternatives. The hot chocolate was average, I wouldn't pay $6.50 for it again. Bought a cranberry pistachio tea cake ($3) to go along with my drink. The cake was not bad and I like the banana cake too but didn't take a picture of it. We were supposed to chill over books that we brought but we ended up chatting the afternoon away.


Third stop: Swee Choon Dim Sum
It was my first time visiting swee choon because nobody ever jio-ed me there for dinner/supper. Sigh. Anyway I finally got to try it! I didn't know they have an air-conditioned area, all along I thought it's like a coffeeshop. HAHA okay I super suaku. Ordered only a few dishes like har gao, siew mai, xiao long bao and liu sha bao! All were very yummy! Definitely going back again, probably will ask my family along so I can get a free car ride. It's so inaccessible!

No comments:

Post a Comment