Sunday, January 20, 2013

Happy Sunday

Craved for tau suan and my mum cooked one whole big pot for me! So yummy that I had 4 large bowls of it. When I say large, I really mean it. Each serving I had was 6 ladles full. You will be surprised how much I can eat when it comes to food I love. I'm so greedy :8 The best part about home made tau suan is that you can spam as much you tiao as you want, I always feel that they give very little you tiao outside and I always finish the you tiao faster than the tau suan. I love the combination of tau suan with you tiao! My mum bought good you tiao too, it was still very crispy unlike the soggy ones you get outside.


Finally visited Changi Village again! The previous time I went straight to Chock Full of Beans and didn't enter the hawker. Back at my favourite stall this time, I feel that the standard isn't as good now. But I'm not a picky eater, so this was still alright and I still like it because they give lots of ingredients! Not bad for $3.50.



I also finally introduced red tea jelly with longan to my family! The past few times I was always there too early and the stall is always not opened yet! Although I'm a eastie, I never knew this was a popular dessert until I went for NBS camp and got to try it. I don't think they sell this elsewhere right? Or maybe it's just more rare. Mum felt that the shaved ice can be thinner though. 



Sent my CJDBZ off at night as she is leaving for exchange in Netherlands! How I wish I went to Europe too!! She even passed me a letter before she flew, so touched! I love receiving letters, and her letter was so wise and so sincere. :') Made me reflect quite abit on my way home. 

And lastly, a sinful popeye's supper before heading home!

No comments:

Post a Comment