Saturday, December 22, 2012

Day 1: Toronto

Headed to Toronto for one night before flying to US. After reaching Toronto, we headed straight to Eaton centre to meet a friend we made in UNB for dinner. IT WAS SUCH A BAD CHOICE TO MEET IN EATON CENTRE. Omg I was carrying 2 backpacks about 20kg and pulling a 23kg luggage walking from Union station to Eaton centre. It was the longest 20 minutes walk in my life. I sweared more than 10 times. The roads were so uneven, the luggage was so heavy and keeps getting stuck, and we were walking in downtown Toronto among so many people. I was trying to stay optimistic and not show any displeasure at all. I believe it's all in the mind, I had to tell myself I could pull through it. So glad I survived. It really reminded me of NP days, I remember the torturous long walk to and fro the 2 campsites in pulau ubin on the very first day of camp. I really wanted to give up and on the first day I already wanted to go home. THAT'S HOW BAD IT WAS. My threshold is usually pretty high. But also because of that, I learnt to take hardships like these LOL.

So anyway, luckily C had a family friend who was kind enough to take us in. We only needed a place to put down our luggages so we could travel light in US. It was a pretty cosy place to stay in, going to have 2 more nights there before officially returning home to Singapore. The host even made breakfast for us to bring along since it was a very early flight. We got a ride to the airport too! Too kind :)

Next up: LAS VEGAS!

All pictures taken at Eaton Centre.









No comments:

Post a Comment