Sunday, December 30, 2012

Day 10: Orlando Universal Studios

After shopping on the first day in Orlando, we headed to Universal Studios the next day. Honestly, I wasn't as excited for this compared to shopping. I got my priorities all wrong haha. I know shopping can be done anytime, but girls can never get enough of shopping right :D I wasn't feeling too adventurous for rides as well, all I wanted to was just to walk around and snap pictures of the place. One thing I really love about Universal Studios is that every single decoration is so unique, even the lamps and walls are pretty.

We took the 7am bus to the theme park, so freaking early right! But it was so freaking crowded when we reached! And everyone was walking so quickly, some even running towards the entrance. Oh my, I didn't know Western people can be so kiasu as well!

Our first stop was Harry Potter world. I guess this is the main reason everyone visits Universal Studios in Orlando. Although I'm not really a Harry potter fan (I only read 3/4 of the first book and watched the first 3 to 4 movies), I still enjoyed it! I did feel like I was in Harry Potter world, so tempted to get a Gryffindor scarf back but it was so expensive! We were commenting how they are earning so much from selling wands as well! Just sticks with some carving and they sell it for 30+ usd, and so many people buy it for their kids!! Rich people. Then again, if your kids like it you will probably do it since you can't get Harry potter wands just anywhere.



Tried butterbeer as well! I thought it will be real beer, but so many kids were drinking it so obviously it's not. Still a nice drink anyway!



The queues for rides were so mother freaking long, I swear I've never queued for ANYTHING for so long before. I think for the first ride I took the wait time was 200 minutes?! We still queued anyway, it was some 3D Harry Potter ride. Part of the queue was along the hallways and corridors of the Hogwarts castle, it was really a replica of the movie. Quite an eye opener! The ride was called 'The forbidden journey' so apparently we went to forbidden areas but I couldn't identify many since I didn't really read/watch all the movies. Closed my eyes when the spiders creeped towards me, so gross :O

Took a total of only 3 rides the whole day!! Thanks to the crazy queue. Paid 80-90 usd for the ticket I think, I feel that it was a little overpriced. I didn't feel that it was worth it :/ I wanted to watch some nice shows (like those in USS) but there was very little, the shows are mainly in the other theme park which we didn't have access to. If not for Harry Potter world, I think the other theme park should be more fun!





Pictures from the lost continent:



I guess my only regret was not having a proper camera to capture the pretty Harry potter world. Was looking through my iPhone pictures and it was so badly taken. The lighting was so bad sigh, probably only will look good on a phone.

Had dinner at IHOP! Always wanted to try this place because I heard the pancakes are good. I felt it was alright only, the best pancakes I have tasted were still those I had at Montreal!


No comments:

Post a Comment