Sunday, December 23, 2012

Day 3: Grand Canyon

Woke up at 5am since the bus would be picking us up from our hotel at 615am. I wasn't that excited about Grand Canyon initially, but it's always good to explore new places.

The bus journey was really long, but there were 2 stops for breaks before we reached Grand Canyon in the afternoon. Had a buffet lunch at our second stop, my very first buffet in Canada! Can't remember when was the last time I had a buffet in Singapore. Never really a fan of buffet because I know I can never control myself. So it's better to stay away from it :/ Their buffet was a little different, there was someone there serving you, so in a way you can't really control the amount you want to take.


Anyway for the first half of the journey, I was asleep throughout. Reached Grand Canyon around 1pm I think! That was like a 6 hour bus ride. Visited the south rim of Grand Canyon, it was really a beauty. Finally visited one of the 7 natural wonders of the world, another tick on my list. It was magnificent when I first saw it. We were super high up and I wondered if there were ever any accidents of people falling off, the barriers were so low at some parts! And with snow, it was slippery so it's even more dangerous? Took dozens of photos of different sides/angles but they look all about the same after awhile. I really like how the light blue colour of the sky blends in so well with the red-orangy-brownish Grand Canyon. Pretty lucky that the weather was good that day! The driver cum tour guide was saying sometimes people don't get to see anything so we should always check the weather first.

Photos of the breathtaking Grand Canyon:










Chilled at some cafe at Grand Canyon for awhile over hot chocolate since we were done pretty early. Then it was time for another 5 to 6 hour ride back to Las Vegas.



On the way back, the bus drove past Hoover Dam. THAT WAS REALLY VERY PRETTY. Omg but it wasn't a destination for us so he only drove past slowly for us to snap some pictures, which I failed horribly because the bus was moving and it was hard to capture it when it's all dark without some exposure. I guess it will be some form of regret that I didn't get to visit the place for a closer look. Maybe next time, if I get the chance to go to LA, San Diego etc. I WILL BE BACK!

When we returned to the hotel, we gambled AGAIN. But we all had some self control, we are not addicts yet. Someday, I want to experience how it's like to just sit in front of a slot machine the whole night.

So this marks the end of my Las Vegas trip. Spent only 2 nights there since there was nothing much to do as well, unless you are really into gambling. It was a good experience :>

Next up: San Francisco

No comments:

Post a Comment