Thursday, December 27, 2012

Day 7: San Francisco

Did more sightseeing in San Francisco by visiting the Haight and painted ladies. The Haight is a place full of hippies, showing a very different side of San Francisco. Lots of people smoking weed, lots of graffiti and stuff. Supposed to have some nice vintage shops around as well but a pity it was Christmas and most of the shops are closed. There were also lots of homeless people along the streets on this cold and rainy day. They are actually pretty harmless, not as bad as I thought. I wonder how they survive if most people just ignore them (like me) :/

Stopped for lunch at one of the restaurants, so glad there was something open on Christmas! Had a turkey sandwich since it was Christmas LOL. Visited the painted ladies as well, it is supposed to be a row of Victorian houses with the city skyline in the background. But it was raining and foggy so we couldn't see the beautiful skyline.

Painted Ladies

Turkey & cranberry sandwich :>

Went back to the hotel really early around 4-5pm since most of the shops are not open plus it was raining. I actually fell asleep from 5 to 10pm plus, woke up to bathe and fell asleep again till the next morning. What a boring Christmas! We were supposed to watch some chick flicks together in the hotel but I fell asleep. Somehow the rest didn't watch also. I guess this can be one of the most boring Christmas ever, totally not what I expected it to be. I have always imagined myself to be celebrating Christmas in a big crowd with a huge Christmas tree and Christmas carols playing in the background. Then people would be wishing one another whether you know each other or not, okay stop dreaming. Hope New Year's Eve would be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment