Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Thanksgiving feast

Once again, we up-ed another level with our cooking skills. 

On this wonderful Thanksgiving holiday, we decided to give ourselves a good treat. Started off baking RED VELVET CUPCAKES. Turned out really good and yummy. I never thought I will like it since its cream CHEESE frosting. I always thought the cheese taste will be pretty strong. But I couldn't really taste the cheese, it was just sweet! I guess I could buy cupcakes with cream cheese frosting now! Missing out too much with my misconception! So proud of us on another successful baking attempt! 






Us with our initials on the cupcakes :D GSTC.

For dinner, each of us cooked a dish! I made stuffed baked potatoes. Never knew such a thing existed until I was googling for baked potatoes recipes. I had to bake the potatoes, dig out the potatoes except the skin, mash it with the ingredients before stuffing it back and baking it again. Turned out pretty good! 

                                      
Another dish I am proud of :)


Other dishes included cream of broccoli with pistachios, honey glazed chicken wings and stuffed mushrooms. It was really a good feast, everything was yummy and it was hard to choose a favourite dish among everything. Had some sparkling juice in wine glasses, played some light jazz music and dimmed the lights to create a nice dining ambience. CHEAP THRILL MAX HAHA. 

So today marks the end of the long weekend and school starts again tomorrow. But on a happier note, I only have 2 days of school this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment